GUIDED TOUR INFORMATION
Welcome to the State Capitol Tour Reservations Desk. We are pleased to make arrangements for your guided tour of Legislative Hall. To reserve a date and time with us please call the Reservation Desk at 302-739-9194. Enjoy your tour!
Tour Information and Hours
Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on non-session days
Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on session days
The first Saturday of each month and holidays 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Legislative Hall is Closed on Thanksgiving day, New Years day and Christmas day.
- For more details about Capitol tours, contact the Capitol Tour Information Desk at 302-739-9194.
- There is no charge for Capitol tours.
- Walk-in tours are welcome but are limited to staff availability.
For your convenience while visiting the Capitol, the guidelines below have been established for during the legislative session and after session.
- Visitors should keep in mind that this is a working capitol.
- Cameras are allowed in the Capitol tour area but not in the Chambers when the Legislature is in session.
- Capitol Police will strictly enforce all safety and security guidelines.
- Visitors, please turn off or disable your cell phones during the tour.
Parking is available in the Delaware Public Archives and Tatnall Building lots.
Visiting the Capitol
Visitors to the Capitol during session must use the north door.
Due to security measures currently in place at the Capitol it is advisable to leave all personal items in your vehicle. Everyone visiting the Capitol will be asked to provide a government issued picture idendtification card to be issued a visitors tag.
There is a cafeteria on the ground floor of Legislative Hall. It opens at 9:00 a.m. and remains open until late afternoon or until the legislative sessions adjourn. Seating is very limited. Vending machines are located outside of the cafeteria.
Visitors are also welcome to picnic on the Capitol grounds.
Public telephones are located on the first floor of the Capitol.
Limited restroom facilities are on the first floor of the Capitol. Additional restroom facilities are available on the ground floor of Legislative Hall.