Skip to Page Content  |  Text OnlyGovernor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
 Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
 Phone Numbers Mobile Help Size Print Email

Delaware General AssemblyDelaware RegulationsMonthly Register of RegulationsDecember 2016

Regulatory Flexibility Act Form

Authenticated PDF Version

Pub. L. 113-186; Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014
42 USC §9858; Child Care and Development Block Grant, authorization of appropriations,
45 CFR 98; Child Care and Development Fund
81 FR 67438; Federal Register Child Care Development Fund
In accordance with the federal public notice requirements established at Section 1902(a)(13)(A) of the Social Security Act and 42 CFR 447.205 and the state public notice requirements of Title 29, Chapter 101 of the Delaware Code, Delaware Health and Social Services (DHSS)/Division of Social Services (DSS) gives public notice and provides an open comment period for thirty (30) days to allow all stakeholders an opportunity to provide input on the Delaware Social Services Manual provisions regarding Purchase of Care Licensing Requirements. Comments must be received by 4:30 p.m. on January 2, 2017.
B. Licensed Care: In Delaware, aAll family child care homes and child care centers must have a license to operate in Delaware. Do not allow a parent to select an unlicensed family, or center child care provider.
3. public or private school care,
6. Though the above provider types are exempt from licensing requirements, they are still required to meet certain health and safety standards. These standards are:
A. licensed, licensed exempt, or self arranged, and.
B. approved to receive purchase of care.
Authorizations always start after service has been approved. The exact date is selected by the parent/caretaker. An authorization ends on the last day of the month of the authorization period. At no time can the authorization period exceed the review date. Child care may be authorized only for the days and hours that parents/caretakers need care. The types of care that can be authorized are part time (P), full day (X), and day and a half (T) and double time (D) which is two days. All licensed and licensed exempt child care providers can receive up to five (5) absent days, depending on the number of days the child is authorized to attend. Children in self arranged care and children authorized for seven (7) days do not receive absent days.
Last Updated: December 31 1969 19:00:00.
site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |